Who are you...who who .....who who

As you all know, Leslie is involved in what's called a PACE program at school. Its for kids whose intelligence score at the above average mark. In Leslie's case she was in the 150's mark so its hard to keep her challenged in school.

Well this years theme was FORENSIC SCIENCE..which I love!! I can't get enough of all the CSI type shows..which I'm sure my family can attest to. (side note: I'm really sad that CSI Vegas is ending this year)  With their theme being forensics they were able to do some really neat stuff.

  • Go to the Museum when it was Forensic Science
  • Have a local CSI from IFPD come in and lecture/show how to take finger prints
  • Take Fingerprints
  • Learn about DNA
  • Replicate DNA molecules


It was amazing! Leslie was so excited that she'd come home and try to take our fingerprints..she said that she wanted to dust for prints but we don't have the magnetic powder to do so.

After a year of fun learning they put it to the test and hold a Forensics Fair so that the parents can come and look at what the kids have learned and test it out themselves. It was so much fun. Leslie also had to present what she learned about being a detective. This for her, is not easy...she HATES speaking in front of people. It's not that she can't, she is just terrified of being made fun of because she's sensitive. She's just like me...an easy crier. And my heart goes out to her. I remember being her age and being made fun of for crying its not an easy age..

any who...


here are some fun pics I thought I would share with you!
She loves this badge! 

She is so proud of this poster, it took 2 weeks to make!

This was her detectives'"briefcase" of all the important stuff you'd need to "catch the bad guys and stuff".

This booth was fun! You got to build a DNA strand with Twizzlers, Mini Marshmellows, and toothpicks. ( we also tried to extract DNA from a strawberrry..but it didn't turn out so well...I think I smashed it up TOO good)


BUSTED!!!
Hopefully you can play this and learn from Leslie. It was kind of loud in there as there were LOTS of families there to partake.

Enjoy the moments!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's the Holiday season!!!

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered