How to tips....

How do you do it?? I just love this saying...it really hits the nail on the head. I am by far an expert...but I just do what works for me and I was tired of being un-happy with me.

As of lately, I get asked this question A LOT!!! Must be cuz I'm smokin' HOT!! No...I think its because I train hard and I have gotten really good results! And yeah...it helps to have a really good work out program...something that you love to do. A program that when certain music comes on you can't help but bust out and do some of those moves from that routine.(Those of you who know me...also know I do this frequently and sometimes...ok most of the time I do it just to embarrass Kylie...because its fun!) For me that program is TurboFire. It takes 21 days of you doing something to make it a habit...so after that 1st time of trying this program, I thought, "Uh-oh...I'm hooked!" My "rest days" just kill me...I have a love/hate relationship with those days...its so good for your body to rest...but I feel antsy because I'm not doing anything...yes...on "rest days" you can lounge around the house in your pj's...however you can also do YOGA.. which I love! And no its not doing all those crazy moves that I love....but I love how flexible it makes you..and if your more flexible your body can recover from those crazy workouts like INSANITY or a HIIT drill faster...and we as a society are all about fast results.

Starting out...I felt so uncoordinated because I couldn't keep up...yeah there is a  NEW TO CLASS option that teaches you a breakdown of the choreography of each routine...so I kinda knew what was coming next. And it kind of reminded me to trying out for KNIGHTLINE...that very first time...when I thought I had the dance down...but compared to other young women who were trying out and in better shape than I was...I just felt like I couldn't keep up. But I was getting so frustrated because I couldn't keep up with the other people on that DVD.  I just had to keep telling myself that I just want to get healthy for my kids...I didn't want to become that parent who's kids are embarrassed to bring friends over because I'm so overweight that all I do is sit on the couch. I wanted to be able to do simple things like walk up and down the stairs with out my knees hurting all the time. I wanted to not be winded when getting up to walk around the house.  That was my motivation......at that time.

When I first started working out...Leslie was about 5 and a half...and Sam was 2. Yes this made my workouts harder than they needed to be. WHY?? You ask...well pull up a chair and I will tell you all about my demon-spawn son ,Sam. He's a very active RED HEADED boy. (enough said) He loves to get into things and to figure out how they work. For instance, I left the laptop on the kitchen table which at that time we had it our now sitting room. I thought that it would be fine on the table and no one would bother it while I did a quick INSANITY workout down stairs so that I could put Netflix on for Leslie and Sam. Well...about 40min. later I came upstairs and remember how I said that Sam would be okay...playing/watching a movie with Leslie....He FOUND THE LAPTOP unguarded all alone on THE TABLE!!! SO I was trying to find Sam when I thought...."I don't remember leaving the lid up to the laptop!!?" YES HE DID...he pulled off a good amount of letters and numbers...he pulled the buttons off underneath so much so that we had to order a new keyboard for it.

So yeah....when the kids were younger it was harder to get my workouts in...but I just started to tell them that they will just have to entertain them selves for about 45 min. And that letting mommy work out would make mommy a nicer person to be around...lets face it when mom's not happy NO ONE is happy. I love being in a good mood....who wants to be grumpy all the time?? Depending on what I have to do that day...it pains me to say this because I love sleeping....but I get up early...like around 5:15ish and go running...just so I can have my thoughts all to my self and so I can listen to some really great music. Yes, most days I workout when the kids are home. But they are not so little any more Kylie is now 11, Leslie is now 7 and Sam is almost 5. So its a whole lot easier to work out now...Sam totally understands that he doesn't like it when I am grumpy so every once in a while he will bother me during a workout and I tell him not to bother me...or I remember that I have this button called PAUSE!! So I will pause the workout and help him with whatever he needs....sometimes I pause it just for fun...because I like to laugh at the faces the trainers are making! HILARIOUS!!!

Some of my online fitness buddies...have kids who are younger than Sam and they tell me that its easier for them to workout when their kids are taking naps...this option doesn't work for me cause I like the DVD up REALLY LOUD so i can dance and party and just have a good time shaking my thang! But it works for many of the other moms...so if your running out of other options this might be one you should try.     For a little while I worked out later at night when Ken was home...and I liked it..but I also liked spending time with Ken when he gets home from work....plus I have a really hard time doing cardio on a full stomach...I tried running on a full stomach once...and let me tell you I will never make that mistake again! I don't like the heaviness in my belly and to be quit honest...I don't like throwing up, but who does, right?? And if you say you do your sick...and NOT in a good way!

Bottom line is you have to find out what works best for you, and stick to it! There is no right or wrong...just do it for Pete's sake!!  Trust me, I know how hard it is to get started but once you do...and you get that amazing high after your done working out...you look for it and you seek it out!  Ya got to be nice to yourself though and remember everyone has a starting point. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was your body! It took years to put on this weight...it will not come off overnight...but it will come off. Keep pushing play!!
Just keep pushing play!


Comments

  1. You are such an inspiration! You know just what to say to get people going. I love that quote btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect timing for me. School has put a damper on my workout time, my babysitter went to 4th grade! I've thought about getting up early, especially on HIIT days. It motivates me to read about your success and be reminded that it's worth cleaning up the two year old's mess when I'm done to just have it done! Also, I would love to hear what you do for nutrition sometime when you run out of blog ideas. :) Keep it up, Brooke! You are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! This totally motivated me.....you motivate me. Carol and I are doing this together..and we both seem to struggle with the same things, just different weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

It's the Holiday season!!!

I almost surrendered