Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

 Request after request came in and so yes.....I will write a nutritional guide..if you wanna even call it that.

So..............(<<<<those dots were pointed out to me in my last blog by the hubbs..so these dots are for you!) Did you know that no matter how HARD you train...no matter how long you spend with Shawn T, or any other trainer that you love....its only 20%.   yep, ya'll heard me ONLY 20%!!!!!!!!!!

I know my jaw hit the floor too when I was told this number! Surely there must be some kind of mistake! Well after hours of banging my head against a wall(okay so I was down on the floor throwing a temper tantrum like a 3 year old, kicking and flailing my arms...) I came to accept that no matter how hard I worked out the reason I was not seeing ANY results during the first part of my fitness journey was because diet is 80%.  I know...it sucks....but it is totally true.

Hmmm well how am I going to eat healthy?? Well to be quit honest I just remember introducing changes SLOWLY to my family. I buy all the groceries for our house, and while I ask my kids and hubby for help with menu planning...the shopping was left up to me. So instead of buying ground hamburger I wanted to see if my family would notice if I switched it out for ground turkey.  BOO-YA!!! I pulled a fast one on them! I noticed that a lot of Beachbody Trainers as well as my personal BeachBody Coach suggested that I needed to eat more protein. So I usually would buy chicken breasts...and we would maybe have it once a week. Well now we were eating chicken sometimes 4 nights a week.
This is my coach Heather Foltz

I just do small changes. If a recipe calls for sour-cream, I buy plain non fat Greek Yogurt. It tastes just the same as sour-cream! Plus it has some of those probiotics that are so healthy for your digestion. I'm always trying to avoid tummy issues so sign me up for that!!  Ken takes his lunch to work with him, and I would buy him yoplait yogurt. But then I did some research on Greek Yogurt. and I thought well I will just buy this big tub and see if it tastes better than the other stuff I buy. OOOOMMMGOSH!! You guys if you haven't tried it you need to STAT!! It's sooooo good and its thicker too..like so thick you only need 1/2 cup and you'll be full.

A lot of people have been told clean eating is bad and when I usually tell people I eat only clean things...they look at me like I have grown another head on my shoulders...and they say something to the effect of "Oh...your one of THOSE people."Or my favorite" I know that this isn't on your diet so I didn't get you any". Umm...people buy a vowel!! Clean eating is NOT all that hard. Here is a breakdown of what it is...you eat what you can pronounce. Run into your kitchen and see how many words you can pronounce on that box of Mac and cheese that you fixed your family for lunch...yep...can't pronounce it can ya?? Well don't feel bad I can't either. I think that MOST people can't...if they can...they are lying to you!

Now, class what did we learn about clean eating??  Nothing processed, If it comes it a box or bag...it more than likely has been chemically altered or had some kind of additives added to it. Sure you can eat it, but it probably will not make you feel good. It will make you feel tired and sluggish. I do eat A LOT of fruits and veggies..I run, so I eat a lot of bananas they help with cramping due to high potassium they contain! Also I drink a ton of water!!!

Water...water...water...some days I  hate it! But you need it in order to survive so down that hatch it goes...chug..chug..chug!   The new Medical Association recommended guild line for water is during the summer: 120 ounces, and if your doing any activity outside you'll need more! During the cooler months and winter you only need to drink half your body weight in ounces. It's really not hard..well its hard for me because I used to drink soda LIKE it was water...didn't matter what kind..I would down it! Yesmost days I feel water logged and you will have to pee all day long OR every couple of minutes some days. But water is so good for you! It helps regenerate cells and all sorts of cool stuff for the body! Here's a tip: if you drink ICE cold water your body has to heat it up in order to use it...so that means you can burn calories while just drinking water!
I'm not saying I drink water plain..because after a while it tastes like cardboard. So yes I use Crystal Lite OR Wyler's Lite at the most 3/day. And I do on occasion still drink soda...a couple of months ago I told Ken that I wanted to stop drinking it in Jan. for my New Years Resolution. We thought that we'd try it out and cut back ( its' never a good sign when ALL the gas station workers know us by name!) we were going everyday except Sunday. We cut back to 2 days a week and we were doing great I lost like 6 lbs that week....then I just stopped on a non soda day and slowly we have added a couple more days back in. So this week we haven't been yet...HEY I KNOW ITS ONLY TUESDAY...its been a long 3 days!

I don't want you to think that I NEVER treat myself...cuz I do!! It's okay to have a TREAT meal.. You don't want to blow all your hard work for the week or every 2 weeks..and have it turn into a treat day. So about 2 weeks ago I went to a friends Birthday party and it was at LEO's place...HECK YEAH!!!   Nope didn't cave and had pizza...I had some kind of burger all I can remember was that it had pastrami on it and it was cheesy heaven on a bun...and to top it all off yes I had the ONION rings!!! Then as if that wasn't enough...I had not 1 but 2 cupcakes...it was the best treat day EVER!!! Until later on that night...when my gut was telling me that we don't eat like that and I was so bloated and it just hurt. Then I remembered why I don't eat like that every day. So I hope this helps you...and if you have any questions or blog ideas just give me a shout out in the comment section or on my FB page.

Comments

  1. I was afraid you were gonna say this. :) I've just discovered the power of water and while it's rough to choke down a million gallons a day I can tell such a difference in my energy when I drink enough. Thanks for sharing what works for you! Love that you tricked your fam into ground turkey. I am forever trying to slip squash into our stuff. Sometimes they catch me but when they don't? hehe. Victory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally use spaghetti squash as noodles!! I did forget to add a couple of things so there might be a blog tomorrow or Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I almost surrendered

It's the Holiday season!!!