Thanksgiving NIGHTMARE!!!

Sooo I was way to excited for Thanksgiving!! Do you wanna know why?? I wasn't excited for a cheat meal...although I think I cheated more with the pies than the actual meal. The night before Thanksgiving our Elders' Quorum President had "Pie Night" at his house and so you go to his house and you can bring a pie to share OR not...and just pig out on pie. I think my youngest child, Sam had the most pie.. I think he ate 4 slices of pie..most of it pumpkin pie. Leslie had 3 and Kylie, Ken and myself had 1 and a half. I was sooo full I thought that Ken would have to roll me out the door! ;-)

Anyways..if you remember from my FB posts I was all excited because this was my first year actually COOKING and hosting!! I didn't mind cooking it however I really didn't want to host it...but our family just like any other family has well....issues...and so long story short...I DIDN'T want my sister to come over...its sad really...but I just can't put up with her and her what ever he is.

So my parents kind of pushed their way in...I mean its my parents...how can I say NO? Well I didn't...and they wanted to come so let them. In my head I'm thinking...yeah! I can show my parents how well I can cook and clea....well how well I can cook and bake and they will Louveee me sooooo much more and it will be the party of the year and that's ALL that they would talk about!


Well...wrong!! I told my mom to be here between 1 and 1:30 pm to eat. If any of you know my mom....you should know that she is late for EVERYTHING!!! Grandpa Olson said "How does she get to work on time...I'm surprised that she can!" Usually we tell her to be someplace like 4 hours a head of when something is really supposed to happen so she will be on time...but lately she is dong really well and I thought...she will be on time and there is nothing to worry about..

Well wrong again! Ken, Kylie and I worked out around 10:30 am. After that crazy round of INSANITY:Pure Cardio, and showering and changing....I was in full panic mode..trying to get all the sides ready and constantly yelling at the kids to try to get along! I'm not sure if I had a panic stricken look on my face or not but Ken wanted to help. So I let him make the Sweet Potato Crumble...not surprisingly he rocked it! Kylie wanted to help as well so I let her make the cranberry sauce no not the stuff that comes out of the can...from scratch. Then Ken and Kylie worked together to make the veggie tray...and it was all done...and I looked at the clock and it was 1:45 pm.  No big deal...they are only 15 min. late...no
big.....deal..

Breathe.....breathe....relax! It's all done....and breathe...

Finally around 2:30....I call them and I found out that my dad had a stroke...and my mom FORGOT to call me!! I know she is under a lot of stress but she could have called me and I would have told her to not worry about coming over and to just stay with Dad. But she said that she promised and that she would be over in a little bit and she was bringing my nieces....wait....what!!!?? Your an hour late AND your going to bring 2 more people to dinner??? Well I was freaking out because would a 14 lbs turkey feed ALL of us now?? Yep, it did.. I shouldn't worry...it will be okay!  She assumed it would be okay because my nieces haven't seen my kids in a "long time" well duh..mom who's fault is that??!!

So mom finally strolls in to eat around 3:15. I totally get why she's late....but I just wished that she had called me...I know that people are forgetful and stuff...but come on!

But ya know what?? I learned that I can do it!! I made Thanksgiving dinner all by myself! ( with the help of a couple of minions) and I liked it! I didn't even burn anything! And YES we had pie that night too! It was pumpkin pie...its called the most healthiest pumpkin pie in the world! No really that's the name...and its because it had tofu in it. I know what your thinking....ewwwh! Gross!! But you can't even taste it....you can't even tell its in there! I liked it! Just because its a holiday, doesn't mean I'm going to let this hard work slip...I enjoyed myself...and I'm glad I did... it was nice to finally have one day where I just really didn't care.
see looks good huh!!

Sorry I didn't get an after shot so you just get a naked pic!!

Comments

  1. You forgot the part where I had to eat alone because your mom wouldn't stop gabbing and then you breaking down because she told you all about dad's stroke during dinner. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well is your dad ok? I'm surprised your mom came! My dad had a stroke before Halloween 7 years ago...he didn't make it. It's sooooooo scary. Hope everyone's on the mend, and I'm glad your Thanksgiving meal turned out yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...my Dad's somewhat okay... the DR. thinks it might be linked to his low-t also with his diabetes meds. so they are changing those. Yes...I was quit shocked she still wanted to come over. I'm so sorry that you lost your Dad...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered

It's the Holiday season!!!