It's the Holiday season!!!

T'was the week before Christmas when all through district #91 some choir teachers thought it would be amusing to have 2 concerts in 2 separate schools on the same night. 

The parents not so much!

How exactly was I suppose to show support to both daughters?!! We did what any normal parents would do in this situation... 

We split up, JUST FOR THE CONCERTS!! Talk about divide and conquer baby!!

It was great! Ken and Sam went to Leslie's concert...which was themed The Polar Express. And it was cute. Ken was able to get a couple of cute pictures and a video. When I watched it when we met back home...I couldn't help it...I started to cry because I don't want to miss these precious moments of her life. I don't want her to look out into the audience of anything she performs in and be that one parent who doesn't show, I can't handle that look of disappointment in my children's faces. 


So that left me...and my mom to go to Kylie's concert. Which was wonderful! It was short, sweet, and to the point. (my kinda concert!)  My favorite

song was the last one called Winter Time a glow.   We probably would have made Leslie's concert but my mom wanted to take Kylie out for ice cream. Its her "thing" is what I was told. So I didn't want to be a bummer so I just took one for the team and we went to get ice cream. I didn't have any...because I have been splurging a lot since Oct. so I opted out of that. And I totally got a lecture from my mom...because I haven't been "enjoying little treats". 

I just laughed it off...rolled my eyes and ignored her, she means well...but  when I say "No Thanks". That what it means...I'm not trying to be rude by not taking you up on your offer..I just don't want it right then. Yes, I still have naughty desserts and candy and soda...but I limit myself for a reason!

And Sam...he didn't have any concerts but he had a Kindergarten party that was AWESOME!! Mrs. Holton( his teacher) ordered pizza for them, they watched Frozen, made Olaf, made 2 kinds of tree ornaments, made reindeer feed, decorated a cookie, and played pin the carrot on the giant snowman! It was great!!!

I love this holiday season..I love the change I see in how strangers treat people. I wish that could continue all year round. This holiday season will be a season of many firsts for a lot of you, make them count!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered