She DID IT AGAIN!!!

Leslie has done it again!!!  AND I for one...just can't take it!!

She make look cute and innocent...SHE IS NOT!!

Why am I kind of upset with her...well that's because she is guilty..guilty guilty of having ANOTHER BIRTHDAY.  Yup
you read it right....she just had to turn 10. She didn't like being 9 anymore..who can blame her really...I mean she gets to move up into the older group for Activity Days.. she gets to be in 5th grade and have one of the best teachers around. Why not turn 10. It seems like a good age to be.

For her birthday...since its 3 weeks after school gets out...this year she decided to go to the Art-itoruim. It's a pretty cool place...and if there were more kids there the day we went it would have been super fun. But it was just our little family and although she had fun I bet she would have had more fun with more kids.  I thought I took some pictures but I guess I didn't.  BUMMER!!

They had lots of fun things to do, for example there was a green screen...Sam and Les had so much fun with that.  And there was a Picasso cut out where you could stick your head in it. There was a stop-action movie maker, a music corner, an art room where you could make things... it was fun.

We also went to dinner at Leslie's favorite restaurant: Red Robin...where in the past she got sung to by the staff...but not this year...this year it was just a free desert.   Deep down inside...I think she was relieved that she didn't get sung to....she says that is embarrassing.

Well most of us made it into a picture...Kylie and I were not photographed...sorry!

After dinner we made the mad dash home because we were having a party with cake and ice cream at 7:30 pm..most of my family will come early or right on time....SOME of them (who will remain nameless) are ALWAYS LATE!! No matter what time I tell her.....Oy.. its kind of annoying. 

Leslie had a really good turn out she had quit a few friends over. Which I am thankful for...because when you have lots of friends..they should come over and help celebrate your day and make you feel special. I remember my birthdays when I was younger and I loved having friends come over. So for the most part I am glad they all had a smashing good time.
This birthday we refer to it as the "Harley Quinn B-day" because I think most of her presents were Harley Quinn based. She got only 5/6 things that were not H. Q. related. 



She loved everything she got! Ken's really good at taking the best surprised look pictures..I'm...well.. I'm a work in progress. 


The cake.....OH BOY!!! 
I struggle paying so much money for something that is going to be devoured in like 5 min, So I try to bake it myself...this year thanks to How To Cake It on YouTube,,I was a little more adventurous when it came to making one. Her only request was that it had raspberries in it and on it. So I made her a double layer vanilla cake with raspberry sauce sandwiched in between the cakes and a cheesecake frosting with fresh raspberries on top. Even though it was a pretty big cake and it tasted fabulous...I still was made fun of for it by lovely family members...and all I have to say to them is...BRING YOUR OWN CAKE NEXT TIME THEN!!!






I am so glad that she is happy with turning 10 because she is FORBIDDEN to turn 11...its just NOT going to happen I tell you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered

It's the Holiday season!!!