Happy Race day!!!

It's that time of year again!!! The day before this race I was at the Dr. office so for me to run this race I was so grate full for..because I didn't think I'd be able to...I mean having a UTI and trying to run a 5k..NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! But yay for modern medicine!!!


It's Holiday time!!  4th of July is probably one of my favorite holidays!!! And Yes Ken and I both ran the 5k Firecracker race this year and it was so much fun!!! Here are some pics..
Yup...a little bit of before the race action!! Yes Aunt Tina came for it..but we were not on her team this year...they chose to team up with other peeps...and that's cool...*sob...sob* I don't mind....I'm not hurt by that decision at all... :-)

I was super duper nervous this year.. Ken said that he wasn't going to run with me..because I beat him last year.

And GO!!!!


He beat me you guys...by a lot!!! His time was like 28:11??( I think) He's MR. Speedy!!

can you see me?!!

How about now??

Can you guess what my theme was for that day?? And how sweet was Sam...wanting to cross the finish line with me. It really helped me find my last bit of strength to cross it...Lots of people I noticed had a strong start do to the adrenaline push I'm sure...but most of them didn't run straight through like I did. I saw some were walking because it was TOO hard. This one gal in front of me ( about 1 mile away from the finish line) stopped running because she was wiped..I told her come on....we are almost there...don't quit now!! Not when it's so close!! 
Her response was to smile at me and to walk. Oh well can't win them all I guess. 


I think Kylie just LOVES to take pictures of me when I am not thinking about it...I am just trying to catch my breath..after all that running.

And guess what you guys!!??? I beat my time! Last year I finished at 33:59..and this year I finished at 33:11. Yay me!! We were both competing as individuals...and really the only person I was compeating with was me.. who knows maybe next year I can get it down to 30 minutes!
My grandparents had a BBQ later that day!

Here's Uncle Nathan!!

Grandpa and Dad

oops!! I didn't mean to...she doesn't look very happy but she is and she's one of my favorites! Aunt Britany!!



Here is another one of my favorites!! My aunt Tina! She lives in Tennessee..and she loves it! Pay no attention to the cRaZy lady with glasses...my mom! 

Comments

  1. I think one of my favorite parts was when we came to your house before the race. Sam was so excited and he said "Do you know that I have two aunts in my house right now!"
    Haha 😆😆
    As long as I am the favorite one that he
    had there 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered

It's the Holiday season!!!