My love has returned!!

For the longest time...(okay for like 2 years now) it has been my dream to own a treadmill. Last summer I really got into running, thanks to my friend Kar. She was always talking about how exhilarating she would feel coming in from a run, and I would always think..."one day...one day when I am thinner and I don't have to hear my stomach slam against my legs....I'm gonna run." Well I bought an mP3 player ya know for yard work and for an occasional run...and one morning I was up way earlier than my kids...so I thought what the heck...I'm gonna try it.

And it became my addiction...I kid you not...it became my crack...my meth...my pills. OK I'm not a druggie(but I played one on tv...I kid, I kid)  but I looked forward to it. You get to a point where you seek it out...MUST HAVE ENDORPHIN RUSH!!

So needless to say..when the weather changed...it KILLED ME!!! I wanted to go running badly! And I did...and it was great until I slowed down and realized it was too cold to run. Usually during the middle of my 3 mile run...I will get TOO hot and half to start taking off some layers...but that day I was putting sweaty filled layers back on, and it wasn't helping.I was cold no matter what I did. Then I had an apostrophe!!

We have got to buy a treadmill!! So after pricing them online, the day finally came!! And Ken and I went hunting down a bargain. We first stopped at a second hand place here in town, called Shape-Up Outlet store. They get all sorts of gym equipment and fix whatever is wrong with it then sell it at a reduced rate. We b-lined it right for the treadmills...and my jaw just dropped and hit the floor! For a second hand store the prices were expensive!! But as you look around the tread mill lane...you see that the prices got lower and lower. I had finally picked out the one that I thought I wanted....and Ken and I tried them out....and we started running on them...which I totally DON'T RECOMMEND on a FULL stomach...just sayin'. It's NOT fun digesting and excising simultaneously. And after about 5 minutes it was Sam's turn to run..That was hilarious and I totally should have taken pics...but I didn't. **Hangs head**

But Ken thought we should look around some more....and I was a little hurt that he didn't fall in love with it like I did. But boy that man is SMART!! I was ready to drop that amount of money like it was hot, and he wanted to wait and see what else we could find.    HEY, I never said I was the brains of this operation....more like the hot arm candy..um'kay?!!

The next store we went to was Sports Authority..as soon as we walked it Ken b-lined it for wait for it wait for it........the weights! You'll never guess what kind of weights they had!?!!! That's right...they had Chalean Extreme weights.....Select techs, from Bow-Flex!! IF I hadn't have been so gung ho about getting a tread mill......I totally would have been buying those.. instead I totally drooled all over them...and then I started thinking....do I really NEED to have this treadmill...now that they weather is changing..I can run outside. And I can do it early when the kids are still sleeping...or later in the afternoon when Kylie is home and she can help me out buy watching Sam. Then I heard the record scratch and remembered that I lived in IDAHO, where it goes from winter to summer...there really isn't a spring.

Next year I am investing in some Select Techs....those bad boys are awesome! Instead of getting out a bunch of weights you just dial in what you need its so cool! And they were priced very well...usually a set like that is between 4-900.00 these were only $354.99  Not bad, right!

We finally ended up purchasing it there at Sport Authority for about $100.00 more than at Shape up Outlets, but there was nothing wrong with this one. And it will only have us as an owner!  The next adventure was hauling it INSIDE the house....and boy let me tell you....those suckers are NOT LIGHT!!! I'm not the strongest person in the world...poor Ken...he pretty much hauled it inside all by himself. And you'd think that it would have came assembled together...but NOOOOO! Ken spent about 2 hours putting it together...and He totally rocked it!!! So he should be the one to get to use it first, right?!
He's so hot!! That's my MAN!! 

Now, I'm so excited to run...and I can run when its raining, snowing, hailing, and windy!! And if I don't want to have people stare at me then I will just run in the comfort of my home. And lets be honest cuz we all do it...when ever we see someone running we all watch them...I have caught myself doing it.
And my kids all want to get on in, and we have told them repeatedly and at length that this in NOT A TOY!!! It's for working out...and they all want to run/walk on it...and I'm okay with that. I wish I had someone who could be an example like that for me when I was younger.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered

It's the Holiday season!!!