VACATION...Always together!!

 About 3 weeks ago the family and I went on a mini "vacation". We didn't travel to Europe, or visit Africa.  We went to someplace far MORE exciting....we went to Hogle Zoo!!  Oh my, my kids have grown so much!

So the picture of me in the Superman T-shirt was taken in 2013, the picture of me in the hoodie was taken in 2014. It kinda makes you wanna take a step back and look at all of the changed myself and my family has gone through.. I stand all amazed!  Somehow when I know a picture is being taken....I tend to closed my eyes...stupid contacts!! 

Any ways....We..well...I was totally excited for this trip...because we were able to stay with our Uncle Kim and Aunt Dorthy..and to be quit honest...it was amazing! Their house is built in a cute neighborhood..and we stayed in Ogden, UT. When we first arrived we were told to make ourselves at home...believe me when I say..my kids took that LITERALLY!! Sam started throwing their couch cushions off the couch, and building forts, leaving his stuff everywhere. Just like at home. They didn't complain  at all...and said that they welcomed the noise and company. Every time we left to go some where the kids would respond with.."Lets hurry so we can go home...well..to Uncle Kim's house". 
It was just nice to be able to get away..and not just for a night like last year. We were able to spend the WHOLE weekend there.. which was nice, the weather was so much warmer, like in the lower 60's but to Ken and I it felt like a heatwave!! I was so thankful for it. Saturday morning Ken and I went for a run and the scenery of the mountains was just breathtaking. I stopped a couple of times not that I needed a rest...I was just awed at the scenery. The mountains felt so close to me, like I could reach out and touch them.  Later that morning we left for Hogle Zoo, I was soooo flippin' excited to see the new exhibit that said the African Safari would be ready, upon arrival after we paid an arm and leg to get in...since we couldn't make our way to the Cheesecake Factory do to construction and the traffic is just horrible in SLC...we ate at the zoo.  So $50.00 bucks later and we were on the hunt for Africa..only to find out that construction wasn't finished and so that was quit a let down . But we totally enjoyed the zoo! 
 
I don't remember this slide last year...but this year Leslie and Sam went down it..Its so cool...its a light house and you have to climb this set of stairs to get to the top of it. Every time I would take a pic of Leslie...another parent or child would walk right in front. It was very irritating. Soon after this Sam kept asking if we could see the "Ludos" from Labyrinth. I never really thought about the apes and Ludo looking alike but if ya think about it they kind of do. After the apes and gorillas I wanted to get on last family shot at the zoo. 
 Leslie looks so thrilled in this photo, doesn't she? Its one of my favs... When we were done looking at all the animals, we still had quit a bit of day left...we got there around 12:30 and we left about 3:30. We promised the kids that we could stop at Build-a-Bear workshop and get there toys some clothes. They had so much fun trying on clothes for their dolls....I had fun too...I totally wanted to get a my little pony. But then I looked at the price tag...and thought...I could totally buy some new clothes with that...or a couple of pairs of shoes.. I will refrain.. Now if they had Wonder Women clothes or She-Ra...I totally would have bought it. NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT!! OOOOOhh...then we went to dinner!! If you have NEVER tried Pizzeria pizza...you totally need to....lets just say that its a good thing there isn't one here in Idaho Falls, cuz I would totally eat there every chance I had. We usually have a treat meal once a week...but from lunch time Sat. until Monday morning....we treated. Anything I wanted...it felt great to just relax and live a little. I didn't go crazy or anything...I just relaxed and fell in love with the pizza and cookies and cream chex mix..

All too soon Sunday came...and we tearfully said goodbye. We were only there for 2.50 days and it really did feel like home... I ALMOST didn't want to leave. But I was really ready to come home and see my puppies...I missed them.
Like Dorthy says.."There's no place like home!"

 whats a road trip with out selfies??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered

It's the Holiday season!!!