I am the GAME....You don't wanna play me!!

Yes, I know I have many obsessions! I can't help it... it just happened...and sometimes its the only thing that I can think about.    Yeah...ya see it all started about 4 months ago....when I borrowed my oldest daughters I-pod shuffle that she got as a present about 4 years ago. She hardly uses it and I thought. "What's the harm?? She hardly uses it anyways, right". I wanted to try running...to see IF I liked it, then maybe I could add it to my workout routine.

Kylie's is blue. Anyways, for starters I just ran up to 20th Street Park then back home. It was alright...I felt like I could keep up well enough. One draw back to using her I-Pod...she has a TON of teenie-bopper music on there. For example, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus( before she went bat sh** crazy), Taylor Swift, Carly Ray Jeppson, and some of the Disney channel stars....Not that this genre in music is bad...in fact I like at least 3 of them..the trouble was that most of these songs were TOO SLOW!! And it didn't get my adrenaline pumping through my body so I could just go and unleash some stress of the day or week. 
One day we were at the store and I wanted to look for my own Mp3 player, but I didn't want an ipod...its tooo much of a pain! You HAVE to have an itunes account and all your music has to come from this or be filtered through this account. WHAT A PAIN!! I just wanted to be able to download music right on the machine and just go running. ( okay well.....I don't REALLY know how to do it, BUT my hubby does all that computer stuff for me...so I wanted it to be easier for him..uhhh yeah...that's it!) 

Another reason I didn't want an Ipod...they are expensive!! Like $$50.00, Come on now, I have a hard enough time trying NOT to feel guilty when we go to the store and I buy or Ken buy's me an $8.00  t-shirt. So for me to just throw down 50 bucks....that's a hard pill for me to swallow. If one of the kids needed something that would be NO problem for me...but since this was for me...yeah I just can't bring myself to spend money on me. It must be a mom thing...I don't know why its just how I am. 

Needless to say I bought a Phipips GOGEAR MP3 player looks kinda like this one, but its orange and it came with an arm band.
We got it home and Ken downloaded a BUNCH of music to it...I'm very eclectic in music. It just depends on my mood. But for running I like the hard stuff!! Motorhead, Metallica, Fozzy,  and lots and lots of WWE THEMES!!! So the first time I used it, Triple H's music hit "Time to play the game!!" by Motorhead. I took off running down that sidewalk and I got lost in the music just pretending that I was the won doing BMF walk down to that ring! "I am the game, you don't wanna play me!" Yeah its me that your going to loose this match too!! So yes it was a great run! And I knew...uh-oh I'm hooked!! I must run until I can't anymore and that means I can run until November!!

I love to be able to just listen to music and have my "Me" time! There is something about having your workout done before the sun rises that makes you feel like you are able to take on the whole world ...well at least take on your kids challenges for the day! Studies have shown that people who workout before the sun comes up have a sharper mindset and they are able to focus more. 

So last week I was running and the night before I had told Ken that I didn't have Daniel Bryan's music on my tunes... his song is Flight of the Valkyries. And he likes to scream..YES! YES! YES! down the ramp on his way to the ring. So on my run this particular morning..I was on my way home when his music hit...NATURALLY I started yelling "YES! YES! YES!" making my way from 20th street onto 19th. (Keep in mind that its early...like around 6:55am). I didn't think that any cars were paying attention to me..cuz its early when all of a sudden I hear shouting from behind me I turned around to see a passenger rolled his window down and he was yelling back at me, "NO! NO! NO!!!" It was great! I smiled and just kept on pointing my fingers upwards to the sky. 

Life is good...somethings are great to obsess over, running, ANY type of work out., your kids, family. What's NOT okay to obsess about is that DAMN scale!! Does it really matter?? I'd like to think that it doesn't. That its just some standard that the fashion industry has told us that we need to be a size 4 to matter...BUT you know what that is not true. If your not happy with how you look you can change it. But do it for you! Don't do it for someone else..because you will not be happy with the results. I realize that most of you think that its easy for me to say/type this because I have had awesome results...but I had to be ready to do this for me. I'm not doing it for my husband, I'm not doing this for my parents, or kids. I'm doing this for me! 
The scale doesn't rule my life and it shouldn't rule yours! Your bound to have ups and downs...I do. It's natural this is a work in progress. It's not a race to see who can loose the weight the fastest or who can do it the easiest. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered

Thanksgiving NIGHTMARE!!!