My Obsession nearly KILLED ME!!!!

Or so I thought! So on Tuesdays and Thursdays are my strictly cardio days..and for me I feel its kind of a pain, because I like to take my time getting ready in the morning.which I usually do on most mornings,however; this fall when Sam started Pre-School, I wanted to put that time to good use. And I just wanted to get my workouts out of the way so I could essentially do what ever I wanted for those 2 and a half hours.
     Okay so we are going to rewind the clock and go back to September 19,2013. Its Thursday morning and I had also just gotten home from taking Ken to the bus stop. For those of you who don't know my hubby, Ken is an IT guy out at the INL. And for the record NO HE WILL NOT FIX YOUR COMPUTER!!! j/k he might if you ask him. So he catches the bus to go out to MFC around 5:40. I came home and the thought hits me that I need to go running...I wasn't in the mood to work out to a DVD today. I wanted my runners' high! I needed my endorphin/drug to take effect on my brain. Cause I may look nice and happy but lets be honest some mornings are just rough for me especially if I have an over active mind at night.
    So I get my running cloths on and I got my music..I walk into the front room to turn on cartoons for Sam. I know what your thinking...I don't go into Sam's room to wake him..he is just an early riser and its KILLING me. I need my sleep. So instead of him sneaking up to Leslie's room and down to Kylie's room...or breaking something while turning on the TV, I do it before he wakes up so he can just wonder into the front room and watch it while he wakes up. Then I go by our front door and do some stretching and squats to warm up my legs..
This particular morning I am up for a challenge, usually I just take a left from our front door and run up to Boulevard ALL the way down to the stop light that if you were to turn left it would put you on SUNNY-SIDE, then I turn around and come home. But I wanted to do something that I have NEVER done before. SO While running. Triple H's music comes on and I turn the corner and keep going!! ****key here remember I wanted a challenge***
   And I run all the way up to 17th and on this day, there were road crew redoing the sidewalks on some of the gutters and such.. so I had to run into the street and quickly run around some cars and get back up on the side walk. K so after that I start to get a little overheated and I stop by  a fence post to take off my HS hoodie and my gloves.
 I rested for a couple of minutes by this time my quads and calf's started to cramp and so i walked a little bit. When I felt better I picked up my pace and while I had music playing in my ears my thoughts kept wondering back to a talk that I had heard in the summer at church and the life lesson he learned was to not always look down but to keep looking ahead. So I am thinking "keep looking ahead...keep looking ahead". So I get maybe a half of a mile when suddenly I found myself on my hands and knees...before I could make eye-contact with any drivers I quick roll onto my back and just lie there...thinking " What in the world happened?" and "Why am I on my back?" I just couldn't process what happened.
    SO I stand up and I have this shooting pain in my foot...OH CRAP!! I know I'll walk it off...I have to finish my run.....I have to finish..my....ARRGH!!!! I can't put any weight on my foot. So I stand there with my hands on my hips..trying to figure out how I'm going to get home. When I decide to walk back to the place where I had tripped...I take about 12 steps back and I found a Bath and Bodywork's Lotion bottle on the frickin' sidewalk!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I am so mad at this point that I pick up the bottle and throw it into a field, all while I'm thinking if I find whoever dropped that bottle I'm gonna slap them!! After taking out my frustration on the bottle I walk all the way to the bridge by Community park and my ankle was feeling SOOOOO much better that I ran all the way home. Challenge accepted and point taken, sometimes in life we feel that we have fallen so far that we can never catch up. But in reality you can, no matter how far you think you set yourself back..you have to remember that your human and mistakes are made. But its that you do AFTER you made that mistake that helps you learn and grow. GET BACK UP!! Shake it off and get back at it! Keep going!! YOUR NOT TIRED!!! DO what must be done!! Just know that your are a lot stronger than you think you are.


 The bruises will go away...and it might be painful now, but I will remember to glance down on occasion so I will not have to fall.

Comments

  1. Yikes on Bikes!! You are hard core! So do you live over by Tauphaus Park? I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep we do! I have NO idea how I got those bruises on my legs...I fell on my hands and knees! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I almost surrendered

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

Thanksgiving NIGHTMARE!!!