I must be doing something right.

Kay...so I started my fitness journey...about well it will be 2 years in March. I just got so tired of being so unhappy with how I looked, whenever I would look at myself in the mirror. Also I really didn't enjoy being told by my OB/GYN that I really needed to do something so that I would live a longer fuller life.  So soon after my journey began and I started to see results...Ken, my hubby of 13.50 years ( we have been together for 15.50 years...but hey who's counting!) must have caught the bug!

I am not talking about the stomach bug...this is a bug to which there is no medical cure...YEP you guessed it he caught my fitness bug!! To be completely honest I wasn't all that concerned with Ken, don't misunderstand me...I wanted him to love working out as much as I do, and I did worry about his health..I just didn't want to be one of those wives and mothers that tend to roll their eyes whenever Mom is on a health kick. I didn't want to force anyone in my family to HAVE to workout...I don't think its right to ever force anyone to do anything. So moving on ....I wanted him to do it because he wanted to not because I was making him..Mmmm kay?!!


Ken started out with TurboFire...I smirk as I type this because I know loads of you are thinking...he's a 6 ft dude....doing a girly workout and "pump in place". To see what the move I'm talking about you have to fast forward to 6 min. Yep, your welcome for the visual!  Well...I don't know if you have done TurboFire...but those workout DVD's are NO JOKE!!! I remember when he first started to workout and he told me that he felt so uncoordinated and he couldn't keep up. I danced a lot when I was younger so I felt like I was very coordinated, but TurboFire proved me wrong. I had to watch NEW TO CLASS option A LOT! But when you learn the choreography then you can put more into the moves and you don't worry about what comes next. So I told him "don't worry you will get it down, just keep doing it."

And do you know what....he kept at it! And he got it down!! We were about half way through his first round of TurboFire when we got our taxes back and he wanted to do something else...something a little less girly.
So we did some research and ordered this:This is COMBAT!You have to watch this clip...gives me the chills and I have the program!! Moving on....we love this program! Ken calls this one his soul mate workout. TurboFire will always be mine...Combat comes in a close 2nd. So we right away started this one and I am amazed at Ken's results. So who would have thought it that by taking care of myself, and having some "ME" time, I in a round about way am taking care of everyone else. Our kids are working out with us as well.. because of our results people are always asking us what our secret is and that is one of the highest honor that I can have...letting me be a part of your fitness journey, Its an amazing feeling to have, so again ,I must be doing something right.
He's 2 lbs away from loosing 100 pounds!!! That's a whole person!! I am so proud of him!! And I am so glad he's my little Wolverine!!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

It's the Holiday season!!!

I almost surrendered