When did I get so old?!!?!

Last night as I was finishing getting dinner in the oven....I received a text from a sender I didn't know...so my first reaction is...who is this and what the heck do they want. Upon further questioning I find out that its one of Kylie's friend who happens to be a boy!!!

Kay so....I don't know if you know, but Kylie is our oldest and she is 11-and-a-half years old!!! GULP!!! I remember being 11 years old...and I know I didn't get ANY phone calls or texts from boys. Now when I was 15.. Yes I did date before I was 16 once! Okay it was 1 date...and after that 1 date I kinda shied away from it. Not that I didn't have fun...I was just so nervous that I thought I was gonna throw up the WHOLE time  that is a story for another time..

So this dude...we will call him....Don...was texting..me thinking that I was Kylie and when I asked him if he wanted to speak to Kylie he was all...." I'm sorry....I thought this was Kylie's phone". What are you thinking that I am going to give a kid a cell phone....I know that there are some parents who do for whatever reason...but come on...I really don't want to make my phone bill any larger than it is. And I have told Kylie that when she is old enough to have a job..then she can have a cell phone and we would put it in her name and all that jazz. But back to the story..  So I tell him to hold on and I would hand the phone over to her...
and her is the convo that happened :

" I might have to stop my moms battery is low and yes this is Kylie".

" OK so if I txt this # you'll or your mom will answer?"

"Yes, but I don't think you should...she got mad" (<<<<more on that statement later)

"OK sorry"

"so say something that Kylie would say"

"blah"

"that is incorrect".

And this is where it ends because I have then called everyone to dinner...so its not that I am mad at Kylie...its not her fault! She didn't give him my number....one of her besties did...and I know that I shouldn't be upset but I totally am! I don't want my number given out to every kid at the school Kylie goes to! But the more I think about it...I think that I am just upset that a boy would be texting her! She is a cute girl, I think she is too young! Maybe I am just old!
This was taken last yr on her b-day.

this was taken in May of this yr

See she is totally a cute young lady...so I understand why this boy has a crush on her....but she's my baby still...I just don't want her to grow up! Yes, I know....I don't even wanna think about when she turns 16..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

It's the Holiday season!!!

I almost surrendered