School days!

Hey all!!

Life has been kinda crazy these past 2 months..I have been trying to keep the kids entertained during summer and trying NOT to kill them when they utter the phrase" I'm bored". And with family coming and going, family ending up in hospitals, friends whom I have been constantly praying for because they are fighting for their life...I just haven't really wanted to blog.
I haven't really thought of anything to blog about.....

THEN SCHOOL STARTED!!!!


I am totally loving the peace and quiet..well....its never totally quiet around here because I have 2 furry kids that love to bark and play in the back yard. Anyways....about the kids, Kylie started 7th grade. That means she is going to a totally NEW school and she has 7 class periods a day. She even has a locker when I was in 7th grade my locker was half the size of hers. ( She is having a rough time in the mornings...she is not really a social butterfly...but she loves having a least 1 buddy around and she really doesn't have that. So she does get upset and cries, then she's fine. I think its cuz everything is so new to her...she hasn't quit adjusted to it yet) Oh, and she gets to ride the bus! Which I am not sure if she likes it this week, but when she was younger we lived in an apartment complex and she had to ride the bus and she loved it. She would get so mad at me when I made her stay home from school do to illness...cuz she wouldn't get to see Nancy(her bus driver).
(hanging out at the bus stop)







Let's see Leslie is in 3rd grade and she has a couple of friends in her class..but she was so nervous for this year to begin that she didn't get a good night sleep on Monday. She said she just couldn't shut her mind off. But she is okay now, she loves her teacher and her bestie is sitting close to her in the classroom.

And then there is Sam... He loves Kindergarten...he loves being with kids his own age. For those of you who know Sam...he has his mind set on certain things and he doesn't really like to listen anyone.This brings me great anxiety for next week when he and Leslie walk to school alone, with out me. I am worried that he will try to cross the street by himself, and that he will not wait for his sister. Yes, the school has teachers out there to help the kids cross at the cross walk...but still.
For the most part he seems to be adjusting quit well...I am too! My only really big problem is that it seems like I get my workout done, a shower, then I start working on the kitchen then BAM!! It's 11:30 and I have to go pick up Sam. I really wish it was all day. But I realize that next year he will be in school all day then I will have all the alone time I want.

These past few months I have been reminded often that I just need to enjoy every moment that I have with them..life is far too precious to just sit and wish away. I will try my best to blog more often, however I am enjoying life too. I hope that you will too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered

It's the Holiday season!!!