Change of view

Well September has come and gone..


Same with October, November and December....and if you have been wondering if I've fallen off of the face of the earth...I haven't. I would like to use the excuse that I have been SUPER busy with work and volunteering as VP for a local CMA club here in town, and family...but guys I just haven't been. I have been very choosy about where I've worked for and whom I've subbed for this year. Just because I can.

Also our computer is upstairs in the office and its cold up here...so I really didn't want to sit up here freezing my buns off...plugging away trying to make my daily life more interesting than what it really is?  Have you ever tried to type with gloves on?? It's really not all that fun. ( but once I stopped whining and plugged in the space heater I was good to go so really no more complaining for me!)



On to bigger and better things...Here's to a new year where hopefully I can blog more consistently...like maybe 2-3 times a month would be great! ( so I can get you guys all caught up).
This is the torch that we say weekly.

So in September I was released from teaching Primary. ( A class for our children to learn about the gospel and about the Savior). And I was called to serve as a MiaMaid Advisor...was I going to miss singing all those songs?? Heck no! Don't misunderstand me...I love those songs and I also love to sing..but when I have to sing the same ones over and over again at the whim of the chorister it gets a little on my last nerve. But I do miss some of the kids..I know I'll still see them...but I miss them.


I am so excited for this calling!! I remember being in Young Women's and I loved it! I was sad when I couldn't go. The teachers I had were amazing and I could truly feel the love that they all had for me and for the Savior.

This has been my dream calling!! So on Sundays when the adults split for classes I get to go to Young Women's instead of Relief Society and then once a week (usually on Tuesday nights) we have an activity. It's so much fun!  Speaking of fun....I get to go to Girls Camp this year too. We are going to Camp Darby with the fun death drop slide!!   I. CAN"T. WAIT!!

I love those young women so much! And my testimony has grown a little bit. I am required to teach them 2-3 times a month...which I think I don't do a very good job at but the girls all say I do an awesome job...although I'm not sure if they are telling me that so I'll continue to bring treats or that they don't want to hurt my feelings... I'm sure it's one of those things that I'll get better at with time.

My teaching partner is totally amazing! She always has the best stories I kid you not. I have learned so much.  I do tend to cry a LOT though...I mean I'm a sensitive lady, I wear my heart on my sleeve...but it seems like I am always crying when I'm trying to teach a lesson or when I'm just trying to give an example of something that I've done or from a trial in my life.. it's like NIAGARA FALLS. I swear most Sundays I shouldn't even bother putting on makeup...I just cry it off...
 This is the Theme that we also repeat weekly. It's a good reminder of who we are and that Heavenly Father loves us. 

My oldest daughter is also a MiaMaid so that's an added bonus. I have really enjoyed bonding with her.  She is such a good example to me. Her testimony is so strong. There have been plenty of Sundays where I don't want to go to church...but Kylie will get up and get ready and so I will get ready to go and those days turns out to be exactly what I needed to hear at church.


So next time I'll post pictures of Halloween/Thanksgiving.

Until next time my friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional tips...okay maybe NOT but its just things that I do

I almost surrendered

It's the Holiday season!!!